We have an immediate opportunity for an innovative and creative Mid-Weight Designer, with immaculate technical and graphic skills to join our well-regarded team. We are looking for someone who likes to be challenged to exceed their best and who is determinedly creative.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As the Mid-Weight Designer, you will work closely with the Design Director to develop environmental graphic, signage and wayfinding solutions across multiple projects and sectors, learning all the way!
Your day to day may include the following responsibilities;
SIGNAGE AND ENVIRONMENTAL GRAPHICS
- Design of industry leading environmental graphics.
- Developing and documenting wayfinding strategies.
- Create innovative signage solutions and placemaking features.
- Ability to interpret client briefs, understand implied project needs and prepare presentations with an appropriate narrative.
- Understanding of contemporary wayfinding graphics including typography, pictograms and mapping.
- Experience in project delivery including review of shop drawings through to value engineering, liaising with manufacturers and sample/ sign inspections.
- Attend client presentations and briefings.
- Able to work autonomously, confidently delivering to internal briefing and feedback and having ownership and pride in project outcomes.
- Contribute to project planning and meet deadlines, identifying challenges ahead of time for management action.
- Team player able to step in and assist others and clearly communicate tasks when in need of assistance.
- Knowledge of signage specifications, statutory signage and Australian standards highly regarded.
- Above all, a passion for spatial design and the built environment.
EXPERIENCE + SKILLS
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant design discipline.
- 3-4 year’s experience in a similar role ideally within the architectural, landscape or consultancy industry.
- A strong eye for design and detail.
- Clear and professional communication skills when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Understanding of 3D modelling would be welcome.
- Award winning leading experiential graphic design agency.
- Collaborative working environment.
- Strong supportive team culture.
- WFH is supported.
- Team Breakfasts + Wine Down Fridays
If you think this role is for you, please send your cover letter, CV and portfolio in PDF format to [email protected]